Based on hundreds of real emails, Email English deals systematically with the key language necessary for constructing effective and convincing emails in English.
In addition to clear presentations of language, Email English contains a wealth of practice activities, all of which can be used for self-study or with a teacher in class.
- Systematic and structured approach to writing, including basics such as opening and closing emails, giving information, making requests, arranging meetings and checking understanding
- Large number of style-awareness activities to give direction in what register is appropriate and how to be more friendly
- Phrase Bank - this provides over 500 key expressions for structuring emails effectively. These are organised by topic and purpose, reflecting the syllabus of the book.
- General grammar problems tackled, such as sentence structure, verb forms, comparisons etc
- Designed for self-study and classroom use
- Free-writing practice
Ideal for: Everyday business communication
Paul Emmerson has also written our Business English Grammar and Vocabulary Series. Watch out for him appearing as one of our webinar hosts in 2011. You can find webinar information here.